What We Believe
Doctrinal Statement of Williams Community Church
As members of the New Testament revelation of the body of Christ we believe, and stand without compromise for the following:
- THE WORD OF GOD – We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as inspired of GOD, and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. Mark 12:26; Acts 17:2,3; Romans 15:4; II Timothy 3:16,17; II Peter 1:21.
- THE TRINITY – We believe in one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit, co-equal and eternal. Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19, 20; John 1:1-4; II Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 1:4-6.
- MAN – We believe that man was created in the image- of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature. Gen. 1:26; Gen. 2:17; Psalm 14:1-3; John 3:6; Romans 3:10-19; Eph. 2:1-3.
- THE DEITY OF CHRIST – We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. John 1:1-2; John 1:14; Luke 1:35; 1 Pet. 1:3-5.
- THE ATONEMENT – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of his shed blood. Lev. 17:11; Isa. 64:6; Romans 5:6-9; II Cor. 5:21; Phil. 3:4-9; 1 Pet. 1:18,19,23; Romans 3:24,25; I Pet. 1:3-5.
- THE RESURRECTION – We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and in His ascension in the heavens and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. Heb. 7:25; 9:24; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1,2.
- THE BLESSED HOPE – We believe in that blessed hope, the personal, visible, premillenial return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 1 Thess. 4:13; Zech. 14:11; Rev. 20:6; John 14:1-3; 1 Cor. 15:51; Titus 2:11-14.
- SALVATION – We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God. John 5:25; 17:23; Acts 13:39; Romans 5:1; Eph. 2:8-10; II Tim. 1:12; I John 5:13.
- THE RESURRECTION OF MAN – We believe in the literal resurrection of the dead, both the just and unjust. I Cor. 15:42-44;Rev. 20:5,6; Rom. 6:5; Phil. 4:20,21; John 5:28,29; Acts 24:15.
- THE ETERNAL STATE – We believe in the eternal preservation and everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the eternal conscious punishment of the lost. Romans 8:1,38,39; John 10:27-30; I Cor. 1:4-8; Mark 9:43-48; Rev. 20:15; 22:3-5,11.
- THE BELIEVER’S WAY OF LIFE – We believe that the grace of God that saves, teaches believers to deny ungodliness and worldly lust, and teaches that we are to live soberly, righteously, and Godly in this present world, and to be careful to maintain good works. Romans 6:11-13; 8:2, 12, 13; Gal. 5:16-23; Eph. 4:22-24; I Peter 1:14-16; Titus 2:11-14.
- SATAN – We believe Satan is a personal being, created perfect, fell with a host of angels, is the father of all ungodliness, is a deceiver, and though powerful, is not all-powerful and will one day be cast into an eternal punishment. Isa. 14:12-15; Luke 10:18; John 14:30;I Pet. 2:4; Matt. 4:10,11; II Cor. 11:14; Eph. 2:2; Col. 2:15; Heb. 2:14; Rev. 20:10.